Sandy Police Department
The Sandy Police Department's mission is to fulfill the law enforcement needs of the people with the highest degree of fairness, professionalism and integrity, and to protect the inherent rights of the people to live in freedom and safety. We are committed to protecting the lives of our citizens, ensuring a safe community, reducing crime and the fear of crime. Our mission is to ensure that our citizens feel safe to walk our streets and to picnic in our parks with their families. We will conduct police activities that help us achieve our mission, while ensuring that all people are treated with dignity and respect, without regard for a person's gender, ethnicity, race, religion, color or sexual orientation.
Our officers handle criminal investigations, traffic control/enforcement, and school resource functions. Our code enforcement officer handles city code violations as well as dog control. In addition to the police chief, current staffing consists of two sergeants, a detective, nine patrol officers, and one school resource officer. The office support staff consists of three Records positions (full & part-time) and one evidence technician. There are currently three reserve officers who serve in a variety of support functions. Patrol officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
How to Contact the Sandy Police Department:
- Emergencies: Dial 9-1-1 and remain on the line.
- Non-emergency call requiring an officer response: Dial (503) 655-8211 -- Use this number for reporting low priority crimes and crimes that are not occurring at the moment, or to contact the officer currently on duty.
- Sandy PD Tip Line: (503) 489-2195
- Sandy Police Department Business Office:
- Location: 39850 Pleasant Street, Sandy, OR 97055
- Hours: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Thursday
- Phone: (503) 668-5566 Fax: (503) 668-4093
Tune to 1660 AM for information about local emergencies, community events & public safety