Ernie Roberts was named Chief of Police for the City of Sandy on June 5th, 2017 after Chief Kim Yamashita was promoted to the City Manager's office. Chief Roberts has been a full-time law enforcement officer since 2000, beginning his service with the City of Baker City in eastern Oregon. He started with the Sandy Police Department in 2004 as a patrol officer. In 2012, he was promoted to patrol sergeant.
Chief Roberts currently has 16 other sworn officers, 3 non-sworn support staff, a code enforcement officer and 4 reserve officers under his command. Sandy Police provide law enforcement services for the cities of Sandy and Estacada.
SANDY POLICE DEPARTMENT VALUES
- We are committed to truthfulness, sincerity, candor and honesty. We will be morally responsible and loyal.
- We will treat everyone with respect regardless of their race, religion, color or sexual orientation.
- We will be accountable, use self-restraint and be mindful of the liability associated with our career.
Justice & Fairness
- We will treat everyone equally, ensuring that each individual receives due process and consistent treatment. We will make our activities transparent to the community.
- We will display integrity and moral courage by keeping our promises and "walking the talk."
- We will show concern for others. We will consider the way our decisions affect those with which we interact.
Civic Virtue & Citizenship
- We will act with social consciousness. We will remember that our job is to provide a community service.