Kim Yamashita has been the Police Chief for the City of Sandy since she came to our community in April of 2010 after 17 years as a sergeant with the City of Washougal and a patrol officer with the City of Vancouver. She
holds a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and a master's degree in management and human resources. She
is a retired U.S Air Force veteran and served in Operation Desert Storm.
currently has 15 other sworn officers, 3 non-support staff, a code enforcement officer and 4 reserve officers under her command.
SANDY POLICE DEPARTMENT VALUES
- We are committed to truthfulness, sincerity, candor and honesty. We will be morally responsible and loyal.
- We will treat everyone with respect regardless of their race, religion, color or sexual orientation.
- We will be accountable, use self-restraint and be mindful of the liability associated with our career.
Justice & Fairness
- We will treat everyone equally, ensuring that each individual receives due process and consistent treatment. We will make our activities transparent to the community.
- We will display integrity and moral courage by keeping our promises and "walking the talk."
- We will show concern for others. We will consider the way our decisions affect those with which we interact.
Civic Virtue & Citizenship
- We will act with social consciousness. We will remember that our job is to provide a community service.