Ernie Roberts was named interim Chief of Police for the City of Sandy in January of 2017 after Chief Yamashita was promoted to Interim City Manager. Chief Roberts has been a law enforcement officer for 17 years, beginning his service with the City of Baker City in eastern Oregon. He started with the Sandy Police Department in 2004 as a patrol officer. In 2012, he was promoted to patrol sergeant and now serves as the Chief of the department.
Chief Roberts currently has 14 other sworn officers, 3 non-sworn support staff, a code enforcement officer and 4 reserve officer under his command. Sandy Police provide law enforcement services for the cities of Sandy and Estacada.
SANDY POLICE DEPARTMENT VALUES
- We are committed to truthfulness, sincerity, candor and honesty. We will be morally responsible and loyal.
- We will treat everyone with respect regardless of their race, religion, color or sexual orientation.
- We will be accountable, use self-restraint and be mindful of the liability associated with our career.
Justice & Fairness
- We will treat everyone equally, ensuring that each individual receives due process and consistent treatment. We will make our activities transparent to the community.
- We will display integrity and moral courage by keeping our promises and "walking the talk."
- We will show concern for others. We will consider the way our decisions affect those with which we interact.
Civic Virtue & Citizenship
- We will act with social consciousness. We will remember that our job is to provide a community service.