The Sandy Senior Center offers door-to-door van transportation by appointment. Contact Senior Center staff at (503) 668-5569 to schedule rides for:
- Medical appointments in Sandy (1 week notice is required)
- Personal services including banking, legal and hair appointments (24 hour notice is required)
- Shopping (24 hour notice is required)
- Rides are also available through the Elderly & Disabled Transportation Program (E&D) for medical appointments outside Sandy:
- Enrollment required prior to use - please contact Cami Henderson (Client Services Coordinator) at (503) 489-2154 for assistance.
- Advance notice is required for E&D transportation outside the Sandy area.
There is a $2.00 charge each way for E&D transportation. Other rides are provided free of charge -- however, a donation of 75¢ for each one-way trip is suggested. All vehicles are lift-equipped and medical trips take priority. This service is available to those 60+ years old and individuals with a disability. Please call the Community Center front desk at (503) 668-5569 for additional information.