STAR is the "around town" ride for people/places not located on the SAM bus line. STAR is available for pick up to anyone within a 3 mile radius of the City of Sandy. STAR also provides ADA complimentary paratransit rides to ADA eligible individuals. ADA eligible rides are available during all SAM service hours, including all day Saturdays, Sundays and scheduled holidays. Call (503) 668-3466 to schedule a ride. ADA rides must be scheduled by 5:00 pm the day prior and reservation times may need to be negotiated up to 1 hour from the requested time.
CALL FOR A RIDE
Here are some facts about STAR:
- STAR Dial-a-Ride operates Monday-Saturday.
- STAR hours:
- Weekdays: 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturdays 10:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Call for a reservation as early as two weeks in advance or up to 5:00 pm the evening before the service is needed.
- There is a 15 minute window before or after the scheduled pick up time.
- Travel anywhere within the Sandy city limits not accessible by the SAM bus line; extended area up to 3 miles subject to availability.
- The fare is $1.00 each way per adult; children under 6 traveling with an adult ride free; direct transfers to the SAM bus line (Gresham and/or Estacada routes) are free.
- Honored Customers get a free return trip in town (over 60 years, ADA eligible). Reduced fare passes are available at City Hall, Sandy Community Center and Sandy Operations Center. (Non expiring pass of 24 trips for $20.00 or unlimited monthly pass for $30.00).
- Schedules are available at Sandy City Hall, Sandy Library, Sandy Community Center, Sandy Transit Department offices, the Sandy Historical Museum and Visitor's Center and on the bus.
- STAR does not operate on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- Please call by 5:00 pm the day prior to your trip. Rides can be scheduled up to 2 weeks in advance.
- When you schedule your trip, you must let Sandy Transit know if you need a return trip. Please note, when you call for your return trip there is a 1 hour pickup/delivery window of time.
- Be ready 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time. STAR will only wait 5 minutes upon arrival. If you are not ready within that 5 minutes, STAR must leave to pick up the next reservation.
- ADA eligible rides are available during all SAM service hours, including all day Saturdays, Sundays and scheduled holidays. ADA rides must be scheduled by 5:00 pm the day prior and reservation times may need to be negotiated up to 1 hour from the requested time.
CALL FOR A RIDE