Police - Chief's Page
Police Chief's Page
Ernie Roberts was named interim Chief of Police for the City of Sandy in January of 2017 after Chief Yamashita was promoted to interim city manager. Chief Roberts has been a law enforcement officer for 17 years, beginning his service with the City of Baker City in eastern Oregon. He started with the Sandy Police Department in 2004 as a patrol officer. In 2012, he was promoted to patrol sergeant and now serves as the interim Chief of the department. He will remain in this position until a new Chief of Police is sworn in later in 2017.
SANDY POLICE DEPARTMENT VALUES
- Trustworthiness - We are committed to truthfulness, sincerity, candor and honesty. We will be morally responsible and loyal.
- Respect - We will treat everyone with respect regardless of their race, religion, color or sexual orientation.
- Responsibility - We will be accountable, use self-restraint and be mindful of the liability associated with our career.
- Justice & Fairness - We will treat everyone equally, ensuring that each individual receives due process and consistent treatment. We will make our activities transparent to the community.
- Integrity - We will display integrity and moral courage by keeping our promises and "walking the talk."
- Caring - We will show concern for others. We will consider the way our decisions affect those with which we interact.
- Civic Virtue & Citizenship - We will act with social consciousness. We will remember that our job is to provide a community service.