Child Care Information

If you are thinking about opening a child care facility you should contact the Child Care Division of the Oregon Employment Department. Becoming adequately licensed in accordance with state requirements is essential before opening your business. Rules and licensing requirements are different for Certified Child Care Centers (OAR 414-300-0000 through 414-300-0415), Certified Family Child Care Homes (OAR 414-350-0000 through 414-350-0405), and Registered Family Child Care Homes (OAR 414-205-0000 through 414-205-0170).

In addition, Clackamas County Environmental Health must inspect and approve the subject home prior to children being in care. All child care staff over the age of 18 must be enrolled in Clackamas County’s Criminal History Registry. To contact Clackamas County Environmental Health please call 503-655-8384 or visit their website.

All child care facilities within the city limits of Sandy need to obtain a City of Sandy business license.