Bus Etiquette and Rules
Sandy Grade School Second and Third Graders helped illustrate some of SAM's Etiquette/Rules. Please enjoy their art!
Basic Public Transit Etiquette and Rules:
- Fare must be paid upon boarding.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn.
- Strollers must be folded.
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion if possible.
- Smoking or vaping on public transit vehicles is prohibited by law. Please extinguish cigarettes before boarding the bus.
- Finish food and beverages before boarding or keep them in a closed container.
- Please be mindful of our “front of the bus” courtesy seating for the elderly and people with disabilities. Bus drivers may ask you to move if necessary.
- Please keep your personal devices and conversations personal. Audio of any kind must be listened to through earbuds and kept at a volume that is not discourteous to other passengers.
- Please use appropriate language -- profanity is prohibited. Remember: SAM and STAR drivers have the right to remove a passenger from the bus if that person is demonstrating loud or abusive behavior.
- Space can sometimes be limited, so please be mindful of your personal hygiene.
- Leave pets at home unless designated as a service animal or in a pet carrier. All animals (including service animals) must be under the control of their owner at all times.
- No unnecessary conversation with the driver while the bus is moving.
- Use designated crosswalks after the bus has pulled away.