Budget Calendar - FY 2015 - 2017
Local Budget Law in the State of Oregon covers most local governments. ORS Chapter 249 contains specific laws and procedures which governments must follow to prepare and adopt a budget. Below is the City of Sandy’s budget process that adheres to Oregon Budget Law.
- Budget sheets distributed to Department Directors.
- Budget Narratives and worksheets due to the City Manager.
- Advertise for Budget Committee member vacancies.
- Prepare Budget Message.
- Budget Committee meetings are advertised in Sandy Post and city’s website.
- City Manager presents the budget message and delivers the Proposed Budget at the first official Budget Committee meeting.
- Budget Committee discusses, deliberates and approves the budget. Meetings are scheduled as follows.
- Tuesday – 7:00 p.m.. – City Hall - April 21st (Budget Message Delivered and review programs)
- Tuesday – 7:00 p.m.. – City Hall - April 28th (Review programs)
- Budget is updated to reflect any Committee changes.
- Prepare and publish Notice of Budget Hearing.
- Council discusses, deliberates and reviews approved budget from Committee.
- Council passes resolutions for state revenue sharing eligibility and proposed rates.
- Council holds Budget Hearing and adopts Budget, makes appropriations and declares tax rate.
- Adopted Budget goes into effect July 1st.
- Budget and property tax certification is submitted to County by July 15th.