Alzheimer's Respite Program & Caregiver Support Group
What is a Change of Pace?
Change of Pace is held every Wednesday from 1:00 to 5:00 pm at the Sandy Senior Center ~ 38348 Pioneer Blvd. ~ Sandy, Oregon. It is a nondenominational day respite program for older adults with memory loss or confusion due to Alzheimer's Disease or a related disorder. This special program offers a wide-range of activities for participants to enhance the social, emotional and physical abilities of persons with memory impairment.
Activities may include:
- Informal conversation
Staff and volunteers are always present to assist so those attending the program can participate with a feeling of success and dignity.
How can it help the caregiver?
- Worry-free time away from caregiving responsibilities
- Time to run errands, meet appointments, or simply rest
- Time to be home alone to work or relax
How can it help the participant?
- A day out of the house
- An opportunity to socialize with other adults outside of the family
- Interesting activities that enrich one's life
- Tea Time with friends at A Change of Pace
- Better sleep at night due to more daytime activity
- A safe and secure place to spend a pleasant day
What is a typical day like?
1:00 Welcome & Conversation
1:30 Music & Dance or Sing-a-long
2:00 Exercise and movement
2:30 Craft or Art time
3:30 Snack or "tea time"
4:00 Video fun or Bingo
4:45 Clean-up & light activity
The Alzheimer's Support Group meets at the Sandy Senior Center on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:30pm.
For further information please contact:
A Change of Pace
Sandy Senior Center
38348 Pioneer Blvd.
Sandy, Oregon 97055