Alzheimer's Respite Program & Caregiver Support Group
Change of Pace & Alzheimer's Support Group
What is a Change of Pace?
Change of Pace is held every Wednesday from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM at the Sandy Senior Center, located at 38348 Pioneer Blvd. in Sandy, Oregon. It is a non-denominational day respite program for older adults with memory loss or confusion due to Alzheimer's Disease or a related disorder. This special program offers a wide-range of activities for participants to enhance the social, emotional and physical abilities of persons with memory impairment. Staff and volunteers are always present to assist so those attending the program can participate with a feeling of success and dignity.
Activities may include:
|♦ Crafts||♦ Informal conversation|
|♦ Exercise||♦ Music|
|♦ Games||♦ Outings|
How can it help the caregiver?
- Worry-free time away from caregiving responsibilities
- Time to run errands, meet appointments, or simply rest
- Time to be home alone to work or relax
How can it help the participant?
- A day out of the house
- An opportunity to socialize with other adults outside of the family
- Interesting activities that enrich one's life
- Tea Time with friends at A Change of Pace
- Better sleep at night due to more daytime activity
- A safe and secure place to spend a pleasant day
What is a typical day like?
|1:00 PM||Welcome & Conversation|
|1:30 PM||Music & Dance or Sing-a-long|
|2:00 PM||Exercise & Movement|
|2:30 PM||Craft or Art time|
|3:30 PM||Snack or "tea time"|
|4:00 PM||Video fun or Bingo|
|4:45 PM||Clean-up & light activity|
For further information, please contact:
|A Change of Pace|
|Sandy Senior Center|
|38348 Pioneer Boulevard|
|Sandy, OR 97055|
The Alzheimer's Support Group meets at the Senior Center on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM. Please call the Senior Center front desk at (503) 668-5569 for additional information about the group.